Monday, March 31, 2008

Those Pesky Setbacks

I got up this morning and weighed myself, only to discover that despite my diet discipline yesterday, I gained a pound. Perhaps it is a change in the earth’s gravity. No such luck. Water weight? Always a possibility, especially for females. Fortunately, I have made progress writing and editing. Of course, if I had gone to exercise at Curves instead of journaling and editing my manuscript, I could have burned off more calories. We writers have to find a way to get more exercise while writing. I think Jefferson was on to something with his standup writing desk. If I had one of those, I could write while standing on one of those vibrator platforms or a twister disk or just march in place. I don’t think I have enough coordination to do Stairmaster and work my laptop at the same time. It is about all I can do to sit up straight in my ergonomic computer chair. I can type and chew gum or twirl hair around a finger, but that is about it. Sad, really.

 

No comments: